As the construction industry continues to grow, organisations are looking to new technologies in order to remain competitive in the market.
Mobility has become a key consideration for construction companies. Smartphones and tablets have changed the way we live our daily lives, and they’re revolutionising the way we work as well.
Studies show that most construction workers use smartphones or tablets on the job, therefore the potential for greater efficiency and better communication is already in the hands of most industry personnel.
Digital innovation, such as siteoffice.mobi web-based project management software, is driving improvements in productivity by using real-time data to track costs and progress in a timely, useful way.
Here are the key areas where mobility matters:
Managers and teams on site can input data in real time, including:
Real-time communication means that:
- informed decisions can be made faster
- safety and performance issues can be dealt with as soon as they arise
- project costs can be tracked more closely
- all relevant personnel on a project have access to the same up-to-date information.
Recording progress on handheld devices every shift:
- gives managers a better view of where inefficiencies or performance issues are occurring
- makes teams more accountable for their performance every day.
Project managers, engineers and architects can’t be everywhere at once, but with mobile software they can:
- stay abreast of all on-site developments
- be available to advise their teams no matter where they are.